15 Oct Cape Town
In the same way as Lego fits together, your home can be designed to your specifications with your finishes and interiors. Starting small and adding on later is a great option for the creative home owner of today and the future.
Even though Shipping Container Homes have been around for years, it has only been in the last 5 years that the building technique has become a viable alternative option. Through innovative insulation techniques, latest building materials and expertise built up over years, the container home is now a beautiful, sustainable way of building your dream house.
Why use Containers for
my home in Cape Town?
There are many reasons to use Shipping Containers as a building structure. One reason is that you can have your home delivered to you within 30 – 45 days from ordering.
If you cannot stand the thought of building rubble and a big mess in your garden from building rubble, please consider our container homes as a viable alternative
We manufacture the homes off—site at our manufacturing facilities in the Western Cape and Gauteng. They are delivered to your installation site complete and ready to move in e.g. Clifton, Bakoven, Wynberg, Glen Dirk, Oudekraal, Vredehoek, Epping, Llandudno, Goodwood, Monteray
There is hardly any mess at your installation site. No building rubble, no waiting for the builders every day, no security issues and definitely no fuss on your part.
Expandable. Your home is indefinitely expandable depending on the space available. Adding a new room or an extra living area is much easier and quicker than a normal build.
Let your imagination run wild. Even though we have standard designs, we can easily change any interior to suit your needs. Add an extra bathroom, Change the kitchen or wall colours, or move the door to a different side. Anything is possible.
Our designer homes can be designed with you in mind. Add extra rooms or make a huge central living area. Add a second story or design your dream deck with a hot tub and outside shower. Your dreams are our command.
Our exteriors can be clad in various options in order to enhance the look of your home. You can get a partial or complete eco-friendly clad to disguise the container steel by adding a deck, the total living space of your home will be increased. We advise that a deck is an essential extra for our homes.
- We offer many optional extras in our homes. Below is a list of some of our options
- Solar Power Electricity
- Odorless Self composting toilet
- Gas Stove / hot water heater
- Deck Space (please indicate size required)
- Pergola Shade netting or roof for the deck
- Flat roof covering the entire structure (recommended) – This reduces heat in the container home and also protects the roof of the container ensuring a much longer maintenance free home.
- Security features required. Burglar bars, Security Gate, Alarm system, Outdoor lighting.
- Window Treatments (Blinds, Curtain Rails, window tinting and UV treatment
- Air-conditioning. We can also pre-install all the piping and electrical points if required. This will ensure an easy installation at a later stage if you ever decide to install air-conditioning.
- Rainwater tank. (this is available ONLY if a covering roof is installed)
- Grey water tank.
- Outside Cladding of partial or complete walls
- Fully Furnished options.
- Architectural drawings and council approval.
Our homes are a complete readymade house. Everything you may need is included already. From the bathroom, kitchen, plumbing and electricity, to complete insulation and built in cupboards. The home is delivered to your site complete and ready to move in.
Our homes are easily connected to existing utilities like electricity, water and sewage. This is NOT included in our quote, and it is advisable to contact your local experts to ascertain the connection costs involved.
Container Homes are very versatile, and can be moved. This makes it an ideal investment for temporary or permanent accommodation.
Other Uses include:
- Second Rental Income house
- Guest House accommodation
- Add on accommodation to your home
- Labor Accommodation
- Holiday Homes (Lock-up-and-go)
- Movable temporary accommodation
- Hunting Lodges
- Spa and resort accommodation
- Your Home!
Let your imagination run wild. We can build your Dream Home just the way you want it for a fraction of the cost. Designer Homes are not out of reach any more. We will help you plan and design your home. Then we will make it a reality.
In order to effectively plan a new home, we bring in the experts from Tromp Architecten. They know how to bring out the best of any space with creative thinking within a confines space.
They will help with the plans as well as the Council approval of your build.
2019 Option 1
2019 Option 2
2019 Option 3
We also manufacture the following
You may need something else.
All our container conversions are manufactured from either 6m or 12m Shipping Containers which are waterproof and export quality.
Coffee Shops and Juice Bars
Bars and restaurants
Pop-up shopsContemporary design
We use the best
In order to provide the best quality home as the best price with the best service,we have partnered with the following companies